2.24.2011

Project 52: Week 8

  

Also known as the week of the sniffles!  I missed last week's Project 52 posting, since I was apparently incubating a head cold that presented itself a couple of days ago.  So in keeping with my runny nose, I present to you a project I worked up recently:


more dandy crochet work on the button loop
                                                         

a giraffe in need deserves Puffs indeed

                                                            
take a tissue, any tissue...well up to 15 anyway


The pattern is from Girl on the Rocks, and it's the cutest little travel tissue cozy you've ever seen!  I gave it to my grandmother for V-Day because she has carried Kleenex in her purse ever since I can remember.  She thought it was really cute and has put it to good use since.  I'd actually planned on making one for my niece and nephew after I was told how much they like those tiny tissue packages, and I even took some yarn on my business trip to work on them.  Well, let me tell you...I ran out of yarn!  It really was a good grief Charlie Brown kind of moment when it happened not once but twice!

Luckily I have a plan.  I am going to finish my nephew's *bright* green model with some equally bright turquoise yarn, and my niece's pink version will be finished in purple.  Each kid likes that color combo, so I think it'll be win-win for all of us.  I'd better get crackin' though--the other day my grandmother mentioned that my nephew has been carrying hers around like precious treasure!

Oh my, who would've thought I could devote an entire post to sweaters for snot-catchers?!  There is clearly too much medication clouding my brain.  But not so much that I can't plan to make one for myself...though at this point I'd need a cozy for an entire box!



1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I love that little tissue pouch! I hope you feel better soon.
    Thank you so much for your thoughtful words, and I am so happy to know I could have helped in some way.
    I know the pain will always be there but here's to hoping it gets easier to bear!

    ReplyDelete